Enjoy reading about Florence? I blog in the U.S. too! Read up about the latest movies and TV. I'm updating both very regularly (bi-weekly and daily, respectively), so be sure to check them out and get your fill of "with Abe."

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Climbed the Duomo!

After being in Florence for nearly four months, I finally climbed the Duomo! This magnificent structure with a dazzling interior has an incredible winding staircase to the top, with about 460 steps on the way. Tragically, I forgot my camera, but thankfully, new friend Seta Bairimian was kind enough to let me use hers, and therefore I have a number of exciting photos to share with you! First of all, climb with me up the stairs, passing slight previews of the view along the way, and looking up at the dome and down at the cathedral itself.













We’ve reached the top! Look at the fantastic view! We even tried to find the NYU campus, which is hidden somewhere in those green patches in the distance. Otherwise, the city looks pretty wonderful from this height! See for yourself!



























A few more posts left, you won't want to miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment